Friends of Mindanao, Feb. 16th, 2011 Meeting Minutes
- Atty. Manny spoke to us about WIWAG. WIWAG is a program that offers mentoring and classroom instruction in Business Development to College level students, free of charge. Thank you Atty. Manny for coming to Friends ofMindanao.
-John Grant is leaving us and he will be greatly missed. He has allowed me to post on his blog site (Friends of Mindanao) in the past. He has changed the name of his site to “Talk of Mindanao” and will be moving on toManila.
I would like to thank John for His service and wish him good luck in all he does. John, we hope to see you from time to time and invite you back to FOM whenever you are back in the area.
-Book & DVD exchange continues to work well.
-We decided to make some of our treasury monies (P2000) available to Paul Fuller to help families at Ma-a Jail after the big fire on the boulevard. Paul will explore the needs and get back to us (FOM).
-We collected pencils, pens, paper, shoes, and clothing that I delivered today to the 3 girls that are being helped by the “Vacationista’s”/Inmates Dependants scholar fund. These are girls directly affected by the fire near the Boulevard/Bocana Barangay.Thank you FOM members for donating. I met the mothers of the girls today and they were very grateful.
-Short break and Raffle w/treasurers report.
- Reminder, don’t forget to visit the B.I. this month for annual reporting.
-Al & Robz American Diner on Crooked Road,Friday Nightfor Fish and Chips. Robz promises American Style Apple Pie w/ Ice cream for dessert and ask about the discount. See ya’ll there!
- Discussed a future trip to Eco-Park near Digos. Who’s been there to give us some more info? Please contact Steve with more information.
- I asked Paul if he needs more questions about Expat’s legal rights and pitfalls to send to the Circuit Judge to answer for us. He informed me that the Judge had to cancel due to scheduling, so we asked Atty. Manny if he could speak to the questions and he said yes, so we will invite him back soon.
- We agreed to put together a new web site for Friends of Mindanao.
-- This web site would be owned by FOM and subject to moderation. We have purchased the site’s domain name for $13.
The name iswww.friendsofmindanao.com.Adrianadvises me that it should be up for all to view in 10 or so days. This “same name” (friendsofmindanao) dot-com should still be very accessible to search engines.
-- Richard Tansley, Len Tisdale and Paul Fuller volunteered to work withAdrianon the website design.
- Our next meeting will be March 2nd. Our speaker should be the new Regional Director of the BJMP (director of Jails).