Fire razed at least 200 houses in Davao City on Saturday, leaving hundreds of people homeless and one person dead.
The Davao City fire bureau identified the fatality as Joselle Bautista, 35, a shoe repairman.
Arson investigators said that the fire broke out that in Purok 6, Barangay 31-D started from Bautista's home. The main cause was an unattended water heater, investigator said.
Authorities said that the blaze reached the general alarm and was put out after 3 hours.
At least 1,000 families were displaced and 5 more residents were injured, including a certain Sam Ampa.