Mr. Larry S. is a farmer whose specialty is Bio-culture and Hydroponics. He had some interesting secrets to reveal on the theory & benefits of his practices and how it enhances his crops and avoids soil borne pests & problems.
-- We are planning a trip to visit Larry’s farm and possibly buy some fresh produce. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in going.
The date has been set, so please contact Steve B. It has been suggested by a member that he will have a caterer friend prepare us sack lunchs and everyone pays for there lunch. Larry (the farmer) strongly suggested that we arrange a packed lunch to take with us for convenience as he is not so close to the suggested Seagull Resort. John C's wifeBing is a professional caterer & she would be happy to put together 20 or so lunches.
I'll get a suggested lunch menu as soon as possible, so give me your input and if the lunchs interest you, how many lunchs you would need.
We will need a few people to drive and split fuel costs. Andy has a friend with a multicab, good for 7 plus a driver (Possibly John C.).
Who can drive and if you want to do sack lunchs. Let me know ASAP.
We met a Bio-culture and Hydroponics farmer today!
Larry's specialty is Bio-culture and Hydroponics. He had some interesting secrets to reveal on the theory & benefits of his practices and how it enhances his crops and avoids soil borne pests & problems.
We are planning a trip to visit Larry's Farm soon.
We will get the times and dates as soon as they are availible.
Dinner out for September will be at Bigby’s, located at the corner of Jacinto Blvd and F. Torres St.
Just tell the taxi driver Bo’s Coffee shop at the corner of Jacinto St. and F. Torres St.; Parking is down F. Torres St. just beyond Krua Thai restaurant. Times and dates will be emailed at a later date.
-If you have not tried the Bogsers club at Times Beach, your missing a good time at a great location. Wednesday nights at 7PM.
- Dinner out is Friday night the 24th Sept at 7 pm at Bigsby’s, located at the corner of Jacinto Blvd and F. Torres St. (just tell the taxi driver Bo’s Coffee shop at the corner of Jacinto St. and F. Torres St.; Parking is down F. Torres St. just beyond Krua Thai restaurant.)
Not confirmed - Guest speaker, Rene Rieta of Gawad Kalinga. Tell us more about Gawad Kalinga’s project at the Pueblo Antonio farm village in Catigan. We plan to visit in November.
- Raffle and break. Thanks to Reg and Liz for keeping the raffle going strong.
- Introduction of members. Welcome to Len T. and his lovely Fiancée.
- We will meet at Bigsby’s this month for our September “Dinner out”. Bigsby’s is located at the corner of Jacinto Blvd and F. Torres St. (just tell the taxi driver Bo’s Coffee shop at the corner of Jacinto St. and F. Torres St.; Parking is down F. Torres St. just beyond Krua Thai restaurant.)
More information will be emailed to you, so please get your email address to Steve B. at email@example.com
- Tim Stewart of Impact Nations talked to us about his organization and the “biosand” filters they produce. Great project, lots of questions and Tim had the answers. I believe this product is very worthy of our attention.
Note: I told my wife about the filters and she was very interested to see one already installed and working. My wife mentioned that we can buy one for her grandmother’s farm. I’ll be contacting Tim soon to see what we can do. We may need Tim to come back and talk to us again, maybe at a special “Biosand Filters” meeting.
- The Raffle has brought a bit of money into our treasury. Thanks to Reg and Liz for making the raffle a success.
-Thanks to Bob H. for our joke today, Bob selected our joke teller for next month.
- We are looking into going to see a Gawad Kalinga farm near Catigan. We will look at November as a time to go. More info to come on this.
-John G. spoke to us about the future of FOM and Steve B. has accepted the Chairman’s position for now. Please give Steve B. your support and help keep the FOM going strong.
- Andy P. has volunteered to keep the Friends of Mindanao blog site going. The site is very important to FOM because most new people, who come to us, do so because they liked what they saw on our site.
- We look forward to new guest speakers in the coming meetings.
- Malcolm and Rose will have a Farm Dedication and Malcolm’s birthday Party . If you don’t know Malcolm and Rose, please come and meet them. Please email Steve B. for more information and directions at firstname.lastname@example.org .