- Steve B. opened meeting and Richard T. closed meeting.
1. The question was asked by several members…. “Who is the Chairman of Friends of Mindanao?”
Answer; “Steve B. is the Chairman.”
2. Set calendar for next meeting,5 January 2011. This will put us on our proper rotation of 1stand 3rdWednesdays of the month. Richard T. agreed to M.C. and the group agrees to provide a different M.C. each meeting to assist Steve B.
3. Book exchange works well. Suggested a DVD exchange might be fun. Please bring this to 4 January meeting for discussion on how it will work.
-- Bring them just as we do the books and exchange?
-- Start on Jan 5th?
-- Bring your DVD’s for trade.
4. The Christmas party was a success. A big thanks too Andy and Pops for the wonderful meal and allowing us into their home. Thanks to Rose and Malcolm for the fun and the gifts.
5. Short break and Raffle. Congratulations to Al and Robz for winning the raffle this meeting!
6. Paul F. spoke of the upcoming show at theDavaoprison. He has tickets for sale at 200 pesos each. Show is at5pmon 30th December please contact him for tickets and further details.
7. New trips for the spring. Take a trip to Samal for swimming?VisitEdenPark? ThePhilippine Eaglepreserve? TheBatCavesand Higimit waterfalls?Aboat trip! Bring your suggestions to 5 Jan meeting.
8. Speakers? I’m (Steve B.) not a big advocate of business in thePhilippinesand do not have friends in high places. Please help find future speakers that we can bring to FOM.
-- Reg and Liz N. have a speaker for 5 Jan meeting.
9. Proposal from Leon R. that we form a cricket team for fun & games. This idea was widely supported by the FOM group.Leonwill collect names and take this forward at next meeting.
10. Nojoke of the daythis meeting. Please bring your funniest(clean) joke to the next meeting.