Police authorities have arrested 4 more suspects connected to the bus bombing last Thursday that left 10 people dead.
The suspects were arrested in a raid on Saturday in Barangay Rosary Heights 3, Cotabato City through information obtained from 15-year old Piko Tnagkulo.
The 4 suspects who supposedly planted the bomb inside the Rural Transit bus are: Alex Samal, 40 years old; Ibrahim Alimanan alias Siang Ulama, 37; Yazer Talusiog, 25; and Abdulh Alib Talusog, 20.
Tnagkulo was arrested by police last Friday. Lt. Col. Benjamin Hao would not reveal the circumstances behind Tnagkulo’s arrest.
The Philippines Saturday appealed for patience over the trial of a powerful clan accused of carrying out the country's worst political massacre, as the first anniversary of the tragedy drew near.
President Benigno Aquino's spokeswoman Abigail Valte said the trial, over the murders of 57 people in the southern Philippines last year, involved complex issues.
"We can't fast-track this case because we don't want to violate the rights of any party. Because the accused have rights and the victims also have rights," she said in an interview with government radio.
She stressed that Justice Secretary Leila de Lima was pushing the prosecutors to make sure that any delaying tactics by defence lawyers would not slow down the trial for long.
But she said the court was independent and the government could not dictate the pace of the trial.
"Ultimately, it is up to the judge how the case will progress," Valte said.