Friends of Mindanao, June 23rd 2010 meeting minutes
- Started meeting with intro of new people, welcome to our newest members!
- Dinner out at Coco’s, July 4th at 7pm. Please RSVP Steve Baker (email@example.com) so he can make reservations.
-- Possible locations for our August dinner out. ??? Jack’s Ridge or ??? or a suggested place that will hold 25-35 people.
-- Steve suggested Kim Chi House , Korean Food, across from Victoria’s Plaza or the Thai restaurant, downtown. Give us yourthoughts on this!
- Leon Stepped in, for absent Paul, and provided us with a clean joke and choose joke teller (Ed) for next meeting.
- Raffle and break (Thanks to Reg and Liz for keeping this going so well).
- Raffle draw (we have approx. Php.4100 in the fund) and mention the book exchange is going strong.
- Paul Fuller talked about his experiences and the pitfalls of working to get a13A visa.
- Does anyone have suggestions for a trip next month (July). Contact John Grant with any suggestions.
- Talked about the World Cup Soccer Games. (see story below)
- Adjourned for socializing / reminder all to pay for food. We are seeing some small improvements in the menu, so eat up and enjoy.
& the .
The seven dwarfs always left to go work in the mine early each morning.
As always, Snow White stayed home doing her domestic chores.
As lunchtime approached, she would prepare their lunch and carry it to the mine.
One day as she arrived at the mine with the lunch, she saw that there had been a terrible cave-in.
Tearfully, and fearing the worst, Snow White began calling out, hoping against hope that the dwarfs had somehow survived.
'Hello...Hello!' she shouted. 'Can anyone hear me? Hello!'
For a long while, there was no answer. , Snow White again shouted, 'Hello! Is anyone down there?'
Just as she was about to give up all hope, she heard a faint voice from deep within the mine, Singing…..
“ENGLAND FOR THE WORLD CUP”
Snow White fell to her knees and prayed,
“Oh, thank you, God! At least Dopey is still alive.”