I am an alien whose country has an immigration reciprocity agreement with the Philippines. I am also married to a Filipina. Am I qualified to apply for a permanent residence visa?

Yes, under the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, Section 13 (a) you are eligible for permanent residency in the Philippines. This visa is issued to an alien on the basis of his valid marriage to a Philippine citizen.

To qualify for this visa, the applicant must prove that:
  • He contracted a valid marriage with a Philippine citizen.
  • The marriage is recognized as valid under existing Philippine laws.
  • There is no record of any derogatory information against him in any local or foreign law enforcement agency.
  • He is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease.
  • He has sufficient financial capacity to support a family and will not become a public burden.
  • He was allowed entry into the Philippines and was authorized by Immigration authorities to stay.

This visa is only available to citizens of a country which grants permanent residence and immigration privileges to Philippine citizens.

How can I apply for 13 (a) visa?

Ask for an application form (Form number RBR 98-01) from the Public Assistance Unit of the Office of the Commissioner Window One (1) or from the Makati Extension Office and accomplish the form properly. If you will be accompanied by your unmarried minor children they must fill up a separate form.

All documents to support your application must be properly certified as true copy. Sworn statements or affidavits should be notarized.

Foreign documents must be duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate at the place where they are issued.

You may submit the duly accomplished application form with the supporting documents to window (1) located at the ground floor of the main building of the Bureau of Immigration or to the Makati Extension Office.

NOTE: Filing fee should first be paid before an application is filed.

No comments:

Contact Form


Email *

Message *