Message from Klaus Doring

Solitariness - longing for quietness?

I am an expat living in the Philippines since 1999 for good. I have never been travelling back to my home country Germany ever. I met a lot of other expats, who tried to drive away the culture shock, which hit everyone of us.

Besides being friends with a lot of Filipinos and only a handful of other expats I learned, that there is a kind of solitariness or loneliness, which we feel almost as relief. We are to sort out ourselves. And, we possibly sort out those people whom we have rejected or overlooked or failed to notice by hiding ourselves behind unnecessary excuses. Or vice versus...!

Maybe, we feel during this period something growing inside us, something that makes it easier for our fellow creatures around us to come (again0 in contact with us. In China I did learn this many years ago: "If I carry a green twig inside my heart, a song bird surely shall sit on it!"

A new beginning, a new view, a new attentiveness - good. I experienced that many times while living in the Philippines. I experienced it with other fellow expats and Filipinos. We need each other, no matter in which part of the world we are living. Many doors can't be opened easy or seem to be closed forever. So far so good! One door is being closed - many others open suddenly and automatically. That's life!

The French Antonoine de Saint-Exupery described it like this: "If you invite a limp friend, don't ask him or her to dance!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?
http://www.searchmachine.biz

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

There was an error in this gadget